Do you run an extensive reading (ER) course? Do you have trouble keeping track of book in your lending library? If you said yes, to both questions then this may be the solution for you.
BookBuddy 4.0 is an iPhone and iPad, iPod Touch app. Features include:
- barcode scanning
- online ISBN search and save
- backup database to the cloud (only Dropbox at the moment)
- organize into customizable categories
- keep track of when and to whom your books have been lent to
- keep track of books you have borrowed from friends
- ‘star’ books for easy access
- status sharing on your social networks
The simply designed interface is very easy to use and navigate. The BookBuddy Lite does everything the paid version does except for a limit to 50 books. Purchase the full version for cataloguing more than 50 books. There is only one drawback: the app is, at, the time of writing USD$4.99. This is expensive when compared to other similar apps but still cheaper than many desktop-based solutions.
From an academic standpoint also it is worth the money. it means you can also use it to keep track of your personal and academic book lending libraries at the same time.
My rating: 4 out of 5
It is comparatively expensive and no barcode scanning for non-English books (you need to do a Search Online for finding book info here … hopefully for now).